- How can I apply for an account?
- How do I get an invite code?
- What does StackLife do to secure my account?
- What sort of data does StackLife collect?
- Where are you located?
- How does your pricing work?
- How long does it take to receive my order?
- Are your capsules vegan/kosher/organic?
- Are your supplements organic?
- Why do you have restrictions on ingredient amounts?
- Are all the ingredients safe?
- Can you start carrying an ingredient I want?
- Where do you get your ingredients?
- What kind of quality testing do you do?
- Can I design my own label?
- I have a different question not on this list.
How can I apply for an account?
We are currently in a closed beta. If you have a invitation link from a user, or an invitation code you can use it to register. If you don't have a link, you can sign up for our waiting list and we will notify you as soon as an account becomes available.
How do I get an invite code?
Invitation codes are regularly granted to active users of StackLife. We are limiting access to get feedback, test our systems, and because of production output constraints. If you know an active user, ask them if they have any invite codes to share!
What does StackLife do to secure my account?
- We redirect all requests to HTTPS only connections, so your data is safe in transit.
- All credit card information (CC, CCV, expiry date) is sent directly to Stripe and never touches our servers.
- All passwords are hashed with bcrypt for storage internally.
- We regularly audit our systems for anomalies and security vulnerabilities.
What sort of data does StackLife collect?
We collect voluntarily submitted data (such as your profile data and formulas you design) and data about what ingredients or types of formulas you are interested in. We use this data internally and don't share with advertisers or affiliates. We share your name and address with production facilities if you place an order. We use third party analytics (Google Analytics) for general information about traffic, most viewed pages, types of devices that frequent our site, etc.
Where are you located?
Our offices are in Oakland, California (San Francisco Bay / Silicon Valley area). The factories are in Oregon for single-bottle, and soon a small-batch factory here in the Bay Area.
How does your pricing work?
Our pricing has several components:
- There is a fixed baseline cost to cover the basic work of testing, packaging, and shipping, which is the same for all formulas. This cost is the same for a batch of bottles, regardless of the size.
- Each ingredient has a small fixed cost to cover the labor of weighing out the ingredient and verifying its potency. This cost is the same for all ingredients.
- Each ingredient has a material cost per weight. This covers our cost of raw materials, and it varies by ingredient, since some ingredients are much more expensive than others.
How long does it take to receive my order?
We custom produce each bottle individually and pride ourselves on a fresh, made-to-order product. Creating and bottling your formula usually takes about a week to 10 days. Then, we send out a sample from every bottle to a third-party testing facility, which verifies content, potency, and cleanliness. This testing takes another week to 10 days. Then we ship you the final product from our west-coast facility. The entire process usually takes 3-4 weeks.
Are your capsules vegan/gluten-free?
Yes, our capsules are vegan, and gluten-free. There are no major allergens anywhere in our facility. If you have a specific concern, contact us at email@example.com .
Are your supplements organic?
We use only the highest-quality ingredients, but many vitamins and supplements, such as Vitamin C, cannot ever be organic, because they are extracts rather than whole-plant substances. Unfortunately, to be certified organic, our entire facility must only have organic materials, and this is not possible if we want to offer many of the common vitamins. We do use only the best ingredients, but regulations do not allow us to be both certified organic and also stock important vitamins.
Why do you have restrictions on ingredient amounts?
All ingredients that we stock have a maximum amount limitation for your protection, but any ingredient can be harmful if taken in the wrong amounts. Maximum amount restrictions are no guarantee of safety, so consult with a physician before taking any supplements.
Are all the ingredients safe?
We use only the highest-quality ingredients, and we perform extensive testing of our products both before and after production. Many of our ingredients are biologically potent, and like anything you ingest, taking the right amount is important. Taking too much of anything can cause serious health problems. Also, there can be interactions between different ingredients which can cause problems. Just because we have a maximum limit on a certain ingredient does not guarantee that it will be safe for you to take, either in isolation or in combination with other ingredients you may put in your formula. If you have any concerns, and especially if you have any existing health issues, see your physician for advice before taking any of our supplements.
Can you start carrying an ingredient I want?
Yes, if enough people are interested in an ingredient we don't have, we would be happy to add it to our inventory. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Where do you get your ingredients?
All of our final products are produced and tested in the USA. We do source raw ingredients both domestically and internationally, but always from high-end certified providers with good reputations. Every raw ingredient is tested for content and potency before we mix it into your formula, and we test your final formula again before shipping it to you. We are actively working with our providers to increase sourcing and testing transparency for you. If you have questions about a specific ingredient, email email@example.com.
What kind of quality testing do you do?
We run many tests on both our sourced raw materials and on our final mixed products. Any ingredient which enters our factory is quarantined until a third-party lab analysis is performed to confirm that the ingredient is the substance it claims to be and has the potency we require. After we weigh your ingredients, mix them, and perform encapsulation, samples of the final product are then sent out to another third-party laboratory which verifies there are no heavy metals, microbes, or bateria, and that the ingredients were mixed thoroughly and have the right quantities. We perform two tests for every incoming ingredient and up to five tests on every finished product to ensure you recieve the highest quality, freshest supplements available.
Can I design my own label?
Currently bottles have the name of your formula, but StackLife branding. We are working on getting bottle design capability available so you can select photos to put on the label.
I have a different question not on this list.
You can chat with us immediately by clicking the help circle found in the lower right of any page, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments.